Isn’t it lovely when someone comes and does a job for you? Well, when it comes to gardening, I am super happy to do the job myself. However, it can be a hassle finding just the right plants. It could involve a trip around countless garden centres, as you look for the perfect set…!
Take all that worry away with my new ‘planting by numbers’ initiative, where you receive a kit that contains all you need to create your best ‘cool season planter’!
Autumn and winter are often overlooked moments in our garden landscape, as the Begonias and Geraniums start to falter, and we don’t feel ready to pull them up just yet… But, the sooner you do, the sooner you can prepare yourself for a cool season full of colour!
But, you need to choose the right plants for the purpose, and there’s no plant that loves the cold more than the humble Pansy! Pair this up with some evergreen decorative grasses, a handsome shrub and some glorious Heuchera, and you have a match made in heaven! Your container will be mega colourful from the moment you plant it, thanks to the lustrous grasses and vibrant shrubs.
You might even fancy a spot of lazy gardening, and leave most of the plants in place come spring 2021, and just switch out the Pansies for some summer beauties such as Petunias or Busy Lizzies!
The ‘planting by numbers’ kit is offered by QVC, and contains the following:
· 2 x Euonymus Emerald ‘n’ Gold (9cm pot) – an attractive hardy evergreen shrub with yellow foliage that transforms into a rich red shade, RHS award of garden merit winner too!
· 2 x Grass Amazon Mist (6cm plug) – a hardy grass with silver-white evergreen foliage with textured, curled leaves, looks great with frost on top!
· 2 x Heuchera Palace Purple (6cm plug) – a hardy perennial with glossy, semi-evergreen leaves, distinct purple foliage and pale pink flowers to boot!
· 2 x Pansy Matrix Mix (6cm plug) – the leading commercial Pansy with large, vibrant blooms in a sumptuous range of colours, plus a sweet fragrance!
· 2 x Viola Sorbet XP Mix (6cm plug) – diminutive plants with happy-faced blooms in a variety of blue, yellow and cream shades.
· 2 x whisky barrel style planters – these weather-resistant planters are easy to move, and look just like the real thing, but without any of the wear and tear!
· 2 x Incredicoir compost (10L) – pH neutral compost, which includes excellent water retention and drainage properties. Supplied in compacted form, simply add water to bring it to life!
· 1 x Incredibloom (100g pack) – mix in with your compost for a controlled release, long-term effect, with no change of waste or over-feeding.
With the RHS seal of approval
You can buy your plants with confidence thanks to the Royal Horticultural Society’s Award of Garden Merit. The UK charity’s specially selected list is regularly reviewed and includes thousands of varieties, to ensure you only choose top quality plants for your garden.
What your cool season planting kit contains
How to use your kit
Simply fill the tubs with Incredicoir, adding the Incredibloom, and plant up the garden-ready plants supplied!
Your kit will be delivered directly from Thompson & Morgan – please allow 7 – 10 working days for delivery to UK only (including islands).
Why plant by numbers?
· My planting by numbers concept makes gardening so easy. This kit contains everything you need to create an autumn and winter container display. These seasonal plants, with a mixture of hardy shrub, grass and bedding plants, will create an interesting combination to brighten up the duller months.
· You create instant impact with these garden ready plants, with a mixture of ready-to-use foliage, texture and colour. No waiting around!
· It’s great for small gardens too! Perk up your patio, balcony, terrace or doorstep with a cheery display.
· No back breaking bags of compost, simply add water to the Incredicoir block and watch it expand to 10 litres each of peat-free compost in minutes, mix in incredibloom for complete nourishment for your plants all season long.
· It’s simple. Just fill the tubs with Incredicoir and plant up the 10 plants supplied.
Michael has been involved with gardening and plants since he was just five years old. He is a self-professed Plant Geek, and was listed in the Sunday Times top 20 most influential people in the gardening world, thanks to his plant hunter role at Thompson & Morgan.
Michael was responsible for new plant introductions such as the Egg and Chips plant and the FuchsiaBerry and keeps busy travelling the world in search of new plants as well as lecturing worldwide, including stints in Japan. He is very active on social media – so why not give him a follow at @mr_plantgeek or Facebook. You can also listen to The Plant Based Podcast with Michael and co-host Ellen-Mary on iTunes, Spotify and Google.