- The Chinese love noise. In the shopping streets, shop owners are either clapping with their hands, or with a clapping machine.
- The bowl haircut is on trend.
- €20,000 for a piece of root (for making herbal tea) is not considered expensive, and to be fair it is cheaper than a box of Tea Pigs.
- T-shirts are cheaper than Ubers.
- The Chinese are keen stamp collectors.
- You are regarded as mad if you have an ice cold drink.
- Sandwiches don’t have crusts, giving them the appearance of a cartoon sandwich.
- If you cannot imagine eating it, then it’s probably on the menu.
- On the dinner table, the tissue to mess ratio is often off balance.
- On the motorway you can overtake however and whenever and you like.
- There is no point in having road rage.
- Chinese cars are not suitable for lanky European men.
- It’s normal to use the motorway as a footpath.
- In China, you won’t need your suede jacket.
- It’s a warm feeling when you know you can use chopsticks in front of Chinese diners.
- Drinks make from sweetcorn are the nuts.
- Haggling is recognisable in any language.
- What you think is fog, isn’t.
Loving these !
Sent from my iPhone
All true 🙂 hope you are enjoying your travels. I had a pair of boots made in Hong Kong for about£5 – still have them somewhere. So well made and beautiful. While I was there, we had a rain storm and all the trees in the square blew over. Next morning the council workers arrived and winched them upright and tied them back up with guy ropes. Must make a return journey one day. All the best.
You have not come across the selfi mad Chinese tourists yet. Actually in one town they queued to have their photo taken with me!! I guess they may have thought I was a celeb
I think it is considered good luck to have your photo taken with a ‘lau-wai’. I certainly got to feel like a celeb when I lived in China 😉.
“If you cannot imagine eating it, then it’s probably on the menu.” I’ve never been to China, but I could only imagine! 😉 haha! Love this list, a fun read!