America is great, of course. But there are some things that will puzzle, irk, amuse and frustrate you; in that order.
1. Indulgent, carb rich food is heavily advertised and super tasty
2. Toilet cubicles have minimal privacy, people can see over, under and through the door.
2a. 1 and 2 aren’t linked, I promise.
3. When driving, you’ll never quite be sure about when and where you can turn on a red light.
4. The small drinks are actually large, and will leave you bloated, even if you sip.
5. Americans think cheese comes from a tube (and is a substance that probably glows in the dark).
6. An American salad could include every component an English salad wouldn’t.
7. When you order a drink or some food, there will be so many options that you’ll forget your own name.
8. The drug choices are baffling and quite brazenly advertised, making you feel like you need curing even when you’re not unwell.
9. Public transport doesn’t usually get you to where you need to go. You’ll need the uber app.
Thanks for listening! Find out what I DO LIKE!