As many of you will have already discovered on Mr Plant Geek, often, being a plant lover begins at a young age and continues to grow with you. For example, previous guest blogger Somnath Pal was just 16 when he fell in love with water lillies!
Jermain Bonouvrie, a 17-year-old from The Netherlands, bought his first plant when he was 14 and still remembers what it was – a palm tree, or Trachycarpus fortunei. Here, he details 10 reasons why he has turned into the plant lover that he is today.
I’m a self-confessed plant lover, and here’s why!
1. Every plant is different. They all have different colours and patterns.
2. You can fill a boring, bare corner with a plant nicely.
3. Some plants give you beautiful flowers (like a Cattleya orchid, my favourite).
4. Some plants can heal you, and that makes them special too.
5. They give you oxygen because of photosynthesis.
6. I like the way they grow and survive in nature.
7. Without plants, is the world not colorful and empty? (So, buy more plants!)
8. Plants make you happy because of their colours.
9. Without plants, there is no food. (Look at your salad, for example. That is made of plants!)
10. It’s my hobby. Without my plants, my garden and bedroom are empty and not colorful.
A year after discovering his love of plants, Jermaine restyled his garden into a tropical paradise. In the winter, he brings his plants indoors to protect them from the harsh weather conditions. Follow his journey on his Instagram page, @boywithplants.
Pingback: 10 Types of Empaths (Which Type Are You?) - Individualogist.com
Pingback: When To Plant Love In A Mist? – QuestionCast