This is how to make your own pumpkin vase
• Pumpkin – costs £1-£2 from most shops.
• Container – e.g. jam jar/plastic bottle (clean jam out/cut to size if necessary).
• Flowers/greenery (can be anything; red and orange would match the autumn theme).
• Green floristry wires – can be purchased from a florist (optional).
• Floral foam – which can also be bought from a florist. Soak gently by dropping into a bucket of water and leave until fully naturally soaked – don’t push into the water.
• Bluetack (optional).
2. Cut out hole in the pumpkin to fit the container using a knife
Tip: draw around container to get the right size hole. You may need assistance with this part.
3. Cut floral foam to size, to fit tightly into container.
They can go everywhere and anywhere. The design should look voluminous and overflowing with flowers – plus, every pumpkin vase should look very different.