As you’ve seen from my recent posts, I’ve been encouraging Plant Geeks to get gardening in autumn! It’s the perfect time of year to get gardening – ideal for planting bulbs and winter edibles, and you can even save water because the soil doesn’t dry out like it does in summer.
In case you needed anymore incentive than that, I’m giving you the chance to win a £500 prize when you create your own autumn container! Read on to find out what you could win, and how you could win it…
First prize (worth over £500)
One lucky entrant can win all of this:
- RHS Membership (£65) – allows you to book to visit all four RHS Gardens for the member and a family guest or two children; receive a monthly subscription to The Garden magazine, worth £4.95 a month; unlimited, personalised RHS gardening advice; regular emails with exclusive member content
- Plantsmith Houseplant Care Kit (£30) – includes a plant food tonic and specialised houseplant mist
- Bernini fountain (£250) – a beautiful outdoor fountain for adding a touch of charm to any garden
- Moss Wall Art (£65) – real plant art to hang indoors!
- Botanical cushion (£59.50) – decorate your favourite chair, sofa or bed with a comfy cushion featuring a botanical design
- Co Vintage Macrame Set (£36) – macrame is all the rage these days, and you can accessorise your plants with it using this set!
- Thompson & Morgan Seeds (£10) – grow a colourful selection of bedding plants with this range of seeds from Thompson & Morgan
Runner-up prize (worth over £100)
Three lucky entrants can win all of this:
- Vegebag (£29.99) – get your hands on a Vegebag; it’s perfect for compact vegetable growing!
- Set of 3 Seedball Tins (£18) – introduce wildlife friendly plants into your garden the easy way with these ‘throw and grow’ seeds from Seedball
- Set of 3 Nutpecker Feeding Houses (£21) – attract local birds to your garden with three attractive feeding houses and bird food jars
- Seedcell Kit (£19.99) – Seedcell’s biodegradable pods are so easy to use, and they’re filled with easy-to-care-for plant seeds, including edibles
- Plant Mama & Plant Daddy Badges (£12) – the fashion accessory that was made for Plant Geeks!
How to enter
To enter this competition all you need to do is:
- Plant up an autumn container – this can contain any autumnal plants that you want to include, and can be planted in any container
- Ask a friend (or use the timer function on your phone/camera) to take a photo of you with your container. You must be in your photo (otherwise you could’ve taken it off Google Images).
- Submit your photo using the form below
Some examples of autumn containers
Need some inspiration for your container? Take a look at the mixes that I’ve created:
How will we pick the winner?
The winner will be adjudicated by Mr Plant Geek, based on the creativity of the container! Make sure your container is fun, unique and well put together. You must appear in your photo with your container, or your entry will not be counted. Please only send ONE image of yourself with ONE container – make sure it’s your best one, as it’s the only entry you’ll have! Repeat and multiple entries will not be counted – only the first entry will be accepted.
We will feature the winner on mrplantgeek.com, along with the runners up, and our highly commended entries.
Terms & conditions
Competition closes at 11:59pm on Saturday 31st October. Entries after this may not be counted. Open to UK entrants only. No cash alternative. The winner and three runners up will be contacted via email within 48 hours of the competition closing date. The winners must reply within one week to claim their prize, otherwise it will be passed onto the next winner.